Steve Dalloway – May 2023
1. Reduce inflammation: Our bodies naturally produce inflammation as a response to injury or illness, but too much inflammation can be harmful. Earthing helps to reduce inflammation by allowing free electrons from the Earth’s surface to enter our bodies through our skin. These free electrons act as antioxidants and neutralize the positively charged free radicals responsible for inflammation, reducing pain and stiffness.
2. Improve sleep: Many people struggle with falling asleep or staying asleep, leading to fatigue and poor overall health. Earthing has been shown to improve sleep quality by regulating the circadian rhythm, or the body’s natural sleep-wake cycle. Earthing helps to increase the production of melatonin, a hormone that helps regulate sleep, promoting deeper and more restful sleep.
3. Boost immunity: Our immune system plays a vital role in keeping us healthy, and earthing can aid in boosting overall immunity. Free electrons from the Earth’s surface help to neutralize harmful toxins and reduce oxidative stress, leading to a decrease in susceptibility to illness and diseases.
4. Enhance mood: It’s not just physical health that earthing can benefit but mental health as well. The practice has been shown to increase the production of the “feel-good” hormones, serotonin and dopamine, which can improve mood and reduce anxiety and depression.
5. Improve overall health: Earthing may also aid in improving overall health by reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer. The practice has been shown to improve blood pressure and blood flow, reduce inflammation, and boost immunity, all crucial factors in maintaining good health.
Earthing your body when sleeping is an easy and effective way to improve your physical and mental health. The practice has numerous benefits, including reducing inflammation, improving sleep quality, boosting immunity, enhancing mood, and improving overall health.
So why not give it a try?
Whether it’s sleeping on a grounding mat or simply taking a barefoot walk outside, connecting to the Earth’s energy could have a significant impact on your health and wellbeing.